10.13.2009

Already Benefiting

Monday afternoon, I went up to Dr. Duran's office to be advised for the Spring 2010 semester (already?!). Being completely obsessed with my degree plan and making sure that I am able to fit in all of my requirements after having repeatedly changed my major, a wave of terror washed through my body when Dr. Duran had a worried look upon his face. He expressed that since I started French during my second semester at Baylor, I'm, for a lack of better words, "off." If I would've started French my first semester, I would have been able to start taking upper level classes this fall. Although I only have two Bachelor of Arts requirements remaining after I complete this semester, he claimed that he wasn't sure if enough upper level French classes would be offered each semester for me to be able to take 30 hours by the time I graduate in Spring 2011.

Oh no. No, no, no.

I immediately told him that I was planning on spending the Fall 2010 semester in Caen. Is there any way that would help?

A smile.

Okay, this is good.

He automatically seemed to be relieved. During my time in Caen, I will solely be taking French classes. With the two that I'll be in next semester, the five I'll be taking in Caen, and the three (or more) I'll be taking during my last semester at Baylor, I am in a great spot to graduate on time. What would I do without the lovely Université de Caen?

No comments: